serves 12, prep 20 min, cook 8+ hours in slow cooker
* 5 lb boneless pork shoulder, cut into large chunks
* 2 tbsp oil
* salt and pepper
* 1 (12 oz) can Root Beer or Dr. Pepper
* small buns or dinner rolls
* your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a large, heavy pot or dutch oven.
3. Sear pork shoulder pieces a few at a time until all sides are browned and caramelized.
4. Add pork to a slow cooker as they finish.
5. Pour soda over pork and turn slow cooker to low and cook 8-20 hours.
6. To serve, use two fork to slightly shred meat leaving some larger pieces.
7. Split buns or dinner rolls and lightly toast.
8. Toss each serving with a little barbecue sauce just to moisten.
9. Serve tucked into warm rolls with a little broccoli slaw or coleslaw if desired.
To make a quick slaw: toss packaged broccoli slaw or bagged coleslaw with 1/4 cup mayo, 2 tbsp buttermilk or milk, a tablespoon of cider vinegar, lemon, or lime juice and a pinch of sugar, salt, and pepper. Make this at least 30 minutes before you are ready to serve and chill it until dinner time.
via Crockpot Root Beer Pulled Pork Sliders | chaos in the kitchen.
1 chicken (a whole fryer or roaster chicken)
3 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
Sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken. Put it in the crock pot breast side down, and let it cook on low for 6 hours. To roast it in the oven instead of the crock pot, cover it and cook at 325 degrees (F) for 30 minutes per pound of chicken (2-3 hours).
time to make 3½ hours 30 min prep
8 ounces elbow macaroni
15 ounces evaporated milk
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Boil elbows until done.
2. Drain, and rinse.
3. Pour 1/2 into 6 quart Crock Pot.
4. Add 1/2 of the evaporated milk.
5. Add 2 Cups of Shredded Cheese.
6. Stir a little.
7. Pour remaining elbows.
8. Pour in rest of milk.
9. Add rest of Shredded cheese.
10. Beat eggs, and add in garlic, salt & pepper.
11. Pour over noodles and stir.
12. Cover, and cook on high for 3-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
time to make 15 min 15 min prep
1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 (10 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (use the onion-mushroom flavor for this)
1-2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (3-4 lb) eye of round roast
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon black pepper
3-4 tablespoons oil
1. In a bowl stir together the mushroom soup with beef broth, dry onion soup mix, garlic and Worcestershire sauce until blended; place into a 5-6-quart crockpot.
2. In a small bowl mix together flour with black pepper.
3. Dredge the roast in the flour/black pepper mixture.
4. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add in the roast and lightly brown on all sides.
5. Transfer the roast to the slowcooker and generously spoon the broth mixture on top of the roast.
6. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until the roast is tender.
7. For a thicker gravy, after cooking remove gravy to saucepan and thicken with water/ cornstarch mixture.
3 pounds chuck beef stew meat, fat trimmed
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup chili powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more if you want it spicier)
2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
2 cubs beef bouillon
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 14.5 ounce can beef broth
½ medium onion, finely chopped
Optional garnishes: sour cream, lime wedges, shredded sharp cheese
Add all ingredients to slow cooker crock and mix well. Cover and cook on low for eight hours. Stir chili well before serving, and offer with sour cream and a wedge of lime for a traditional Texas garnish. Makes six servings.
Tip: To make authentic Texas chili, use chuck beef. If you can’t find it, ask the butcher to cut up a check shoulder roast for you.