Crockpot Root Beer Pulled Pork Sliders
serves 12, prep 20 min, cook 8+ hours in slow cooker
* 5 lb boneless pork shoulder, cut into large chunks
* 2 tbsp oil
* salt and pepper
* 1 (12 oz) can Root Beer or Dr. Pepper
* small buns or dinner rolls
* your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a large, heavy pot or dutch oven.
3. Sear pork shoulder pieces a few at a time until all sides are browned and caramelized.
4. Add pork to a slow cooker as they finish.
5. Pour soda over pork and turn slow cooker to low and cook 8-20 hours.
6. To serve, use two fork to slightly shred meat leaving some larger pieces.
7. Split buns or dinner rolls and lightly toast.
8. Toss each serving with a little barbecue sauce just to moisten.
9. Serve tucked into warm rolls with a little broccoli slaw or coleslaw if desired.
To make a quick slaw: toss packaged broccoli slaw or bagged coleslaw with 1/4 cup mayo, 2 tbsp buttermilk or milk, a tablespoon of cider vinegar, lemon, or lime juice and a pinch of sugar, salt, and pepper. Make this at least 30 minutes before you are ready to serve and chill it until dinner time.
via Crockpot Root Beer Pulled Pork Sliders | chaos in the kitchen.