Everyday Italian by Giada de Laurentiis.
Takes about 20 minutes.
* 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, halved crosswise to make 8 small block-shaped pieces (not strips)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* flour, for dredging
* 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
* 2 Tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup chicken stock (homemade, if possible)
* 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2-3 lemons)
* 1/4 cup jarred capers, drained & rinsed to remove some of the salt
* 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge lightly with flour to coat.
2. In large sauté pan, melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook just until browned, 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
3. Add broth, lemon juice and capers to the same pan. Bring broth to a boil over medium high heat, scraping pan to get all the good crusty bits. Return chicken to the pan and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken to plates or platter.
5. Remove pan from heat. Add remaining 2 Tablespoons butter to sauce, whisking to melt. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.