For the marinade:
1 cup Coke
1 cup brown sugar
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup ketchup
1/8 cup lemon juice
6 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 lbs of pork shoulder or chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
Wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes before use.
1. Place all marinade ingredients in a medium saucepan and whisk to combine. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Place chicken or pork cubes in a large Ziploc bag and pour marinade all over. Seal the bag, removing as much air as possible, and set in the refrigerator to marinate overnight, turning the bag over at least once during the process.
3. Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread coals out evenly.
4. While the fire is lighting, thread meat onto the skewer. Each piece of meat should touch the next, but not pushed tightly together.
5. Grill directly over a hot fire, turning every 3 to 5 minutes until each side is nicely browned and the meat is cooked through.
Credit: Grilling: Filipino Barbecue | Serious Eats
5-6 lb. pork shoulder/pork butt
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 cup ketchup
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup tomato paste
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp mustard
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
pinch cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
3/4 cup water
Place onion on the bottom of your slow cooker. Place pork shoulder, trimmed of any obvious excess fat, into slow cooker on top of onions.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients to form the barbecue sauce. Feel free to adjust salt and pepper to taste, if necessary. Pour half of the sauce over the pork and cover. Set remaining sauce aside.
Cook over low heat for about 8 hours or according to your slow cooker’s presets.
Remove pork to a large bowl and shred with two forks. Transfer meat back into slow cooker and cook for a few more minutes, until meat has soaked up the sauce. Pulled pork can be held on the “warm” setting in the slow cooker for serving.
Serve on soft sandwich rolls, topped with extra barbecue sauce.
Credit: Baking Bites
1 tbsp molasses
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp applesauce
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp Tabasco this made it pretty hot, you might want to cut it back
4 boneless pork loin chops about 4 oz each – 1 lb total
Salt & Pepper
Mix the molasses, vinegar, applesauce, ketchup and Tabasco.
Season the pork chop with salt and pepper and smother with the sauce. Grill for a 3-4 min a side on a preheated grill and brush with remaining sauce. If you have thin cuts they cook up real fast.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
6 thin center-cut pork chops (about 2 1/4 pounds)
1 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons Emeril’s Italian Essence or other Italian seasoning
1/4 cup grated Pecorino
3 tablespoons olive oil
In a medium bowl, combine the milk, garlic, white wine, red pepper, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt and stir well. Add the pork chops and soak at room temperature while assembling the remaining ingredients, at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a lightly greased wire rack on top of the baking sheet and set aside.
In a large sealable plastic bag, add the bread crumbs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the black pepper, Essence, and cheese and shake to combine. Drain the pork chops from the milk mixture, one at a time, and add to the bread crumb mixture. Shake to coat thoroughly. (You may need to press the mixture into the chops with your hands.)
Arrange the pork chops on the baking rack and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through and the breading is crisp and golden.
time to make 6½ hours 30 min prep
3-4 lbs pork shoulder or pork butt or pork roast
3 small onions (chopped)
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
4 celery ribs
24 ounces root beer
hickory seasoning (to taste)
4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
18 soft sandwich buns
1. Spray slow cooker with PAM spray for ease in clean up.
2. Trim fat from meat, place in slow cooker.
3. Top with 3 cloves of garlic (crushed),2 small onions (Chopped),Celery stalks cut to fit in cooker, hickory seasoning to taste.
4. Pour root beer over everything.
5. Cook for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
6. Remove from pan, pull pork with a fork while cutting off extra fat.
7. Add chopped onion, garlic and your favorite flavor of BBQ sauce mixed with dark brown sugar.
8. Refridgerate overnight and add more sauce if needed.
9. Reheat in microwave and place on rolls.
10. ***Freezes well if you have any leftovers!