Tilapia with Lime-Pepper Butter
serves 6, prep 10 min, cook 15 min, adapted from Gourmet, July 2003
* 2 lb tilapia fillets, thawed
* 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter, room temp
* 2 tbsp finely chopped shallot
* 4 small limes, juice and zest
* 1 small pepper, jalapeno or serrano, minced
* 2 tbsp oil
* salt and pepper
1. Thaw tilapia under cool running water while making lime butter.
2. Combine butter with lime juice and zest, shallot, and minced pepper. Reserve.
3. Once tilapia fillets are thawed, dust lightly with flour, season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat and sear tilapia fillets for several minutes on each side.
5. Once fish flakes easily, transfer it carefully to a oven proof plate and place in a warm oven while you finish the tilapia.
6. Serve fish hot with a dollop of lime butter.
Served this with plain pasta to soak up the excess lime butter and broccoli.
Credit: chaos in the kitchen » Blog Archive » Blogging the Recession: Fish Tips