time to make 6½ hours 30 min prep
3-4 lbs pork shoulder or pork butt or pork roast
3 small onions (chopped)
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
4 celery ribs
24 ounces root beer
hickory seasoning (to taste)
4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
18 soft sandwich buns
1. Spray slow cooker with PAM spray for ease in clean up.
2. Trim fat from meat, place in slow cooker.
3. Top with 3 cloves of garlic (crushed),2 small onions (Chopped),Celery stalks cut to fit in cooker, hickory seasoning to taste.
4. Pour root beer over everything.
5. Cook for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
6. Remove from pan, pull pork with a fork while cutting off extra fat.
7. Add chopped onion, garlic and your favorite flavor of BBQ sauce mixed with dark brown sugar.
8. Refridgerate overnight and add more sauce if needed.
9. Reheat in microwave and place on rolls.
10. ***Freezes well if you have any leftovers!