Second Chance Beef Stew
time to make 15 days 15 days prep
8 carrots, sliced
5-6 medium red potatoes, cut in chunks
4 celery ribs, sliced
1 large onion, sliced into large pieces
2 lbs stew meat
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon meat tenderizer
2 tablespoons salt, divided
2 tablespoons pepper, divided
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1. In a saucepan, melt butter. Put onion in butter and cook, covered for about 10 minutes or until soft.
2. In a large soup pot, place celery, potatoes, and carrots. Season with a tablespoon of salt, and a tablespoon of pepper. Cover and cook about 15 minutes until soft, but not mushy.
3. Add onion and butter to vegetables. Let sit.
4. In a tupperware container, season stew meat with remaining seasonins.Put lid on container and shake until meat is well coated.
5. In a skillet, cook meat in vegetable oil until its cooked medium well (little bit pink inside). Add beef broth, one can at a time stirring after each can. Then add worcestershire sauce.
6. Simmer meat until sauce is thickened.
7. Add meat and juices to vegetables. Cover and let simmer on medium low heat, about 30 minutes.