* 2 cans (29 ounces each) sliced peaches (works with ‘packed in own juice’ peaches)
* 1/2 cup Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Dark Brown Sugar
* 6 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca ( I thought 4 tablespoons was enough)
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Note: I added 1/2 cup of peach juice to this ’cause I like the sauce it makes.
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Pure Cane Sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup cold butter
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1/2 cup packed Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Dark Brown Sugar
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Drain peaches, reserving 1 cup syrup (I put the leftover juice into our iced tea.).
In a large bowl, combine peaches, brown sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, lemon juice, 1/2 cup peach juice, and vanilla. Transfer to an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Let stand for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs. Drop by spoonfuls onto peach mixture; spread evenly. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, salt, butter and 1/2 cup peach syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add lemon juice. Serve with cobbler and ice cream if desired.