Nana’s Macaroni & Cheese
time to make 45 min 20 min prep
8 ounces macaroni
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups milk
8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
4 slices bread, buttered
1. Cook Macaroni, drain and rinse.
2. Make White Sauce by melting the butter then add flour, salt pepper. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Once mixed return to heat and stir into a thick/smooth sauce.
3. Combine above white sauce with Grated Cheese, Onions, Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce save a little cheese for the top.
4. Put macaroni in an 8×8 baking pan mix with above sauce. Take four slices of bread butter then cube. Cover the top of the macaroni with the bread cubes then place the remaining grated cheese on top of the bread.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.