time to make 30 min 30 min prep
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups heavy cream
1 1/3 cups milk
4 tablespoons water, divided
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 lb dry fettuccine
1 tomato, seeded and diced
9 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1. In large saucepan, melt butter.
2. Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add cream, milk and 3 T water.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
5. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 T water, Worcestershire, dry mustard, spicy brown mustard, salt, pepper and garlic and stir to dissolve.
6. Add to sauce and stir to combine.
7. Add grated cheese and stir until fully melted.
8. Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
9. Pour sauce over fettuccine and top with diced tomatoes, chopped fresh bacon and additional grated cheddar cheese.
Mick’s is a popular Atlanta eatery. This dish was a regular menu item in the 90’s but now is only served occasionally. Published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.