Grilled Fruit Skewers
Rum Soaked Grilled Fruit Skewers
makes approx 15 large skewers, prep 20 min, cook 10 min
* 1 pineapple, peeled, cored
* 5 kiwis, peeled
* 3 mangoes, peeled, pitted
* 16 oz strawberries, hulled
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp allspice
* 1/8 tsp ginger
* pinch nutmeg
* pinch cloves
* 1/4 cup dark rum
* 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
* 1 tsp honey
* 1 tbsp pineapple juice
* 1 tbsp lime juice
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Chop pineapple and mango into 1 to 1/2 inch cubes, slice kiwis into 1 inch rounds, leave strawberries whole.
2. Combine spices in a small dish.
3. Combine rum, sugar, honey, and juices in a small bowl or measuring cup.
4. Thread fruit onto skewers, lightly sprinkling each skewer with spice mixture.
5. Just before grilling, brush fruit skewers all over with rum mixture then dust liberally with powdered sugar on all sides.
6. Grill fruit just until grill marks appear then rotate and grill other side.
7. Remove to a serving platter, pour over any remaining rum mixture.