1 lb Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
1/2 cup celery, diced finely
1/2 small red onion, diced finely (about 1/2 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
salt, to taste
1/2-1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 1/3 cups dry breadcrumbs, plus extra for coating
canola oil, as needed
For the Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Combine crabcake ingredients (except oil) in a large bowl,adding bread crumbs last to bind.
2. Roll mixture into 3 oz cakes and then roll in some extra bread crumbs to coat.
3. Place in freezer for 1 hour.
4. Saute in just a bit of oil in a hot nonstick skillet until each cake is golden brown on both sides(1 minute per side), then bake in preheated 350 F oven for 5 minutes.
5. Sauce: Mix together in a small bowl and chill well.
time to make 40 min 30 min prep