Brazos River Stew
time to make 3½ hours 30 min prep
3 slices bacon
1 lb stew meat
1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
2 cups low sodium beef broth
1 cup water
2 celery ribs, diced
2 medium onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ounce Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon flour
salt and pepper
4 medium carrots, sliced thick
4 small potatoes, cut into fourths
1 (8 ounce) can corn
1. Fry bacon in a Dutch oven or large stew pot.
2. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel.
3. Add stew meat to pan and sear.
4. Lower heat and add tomatoes, beef broth, water celery, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder.
5. Cover and simmer 2 hours.
6. Remove 1/4 cup broth from stew, cool, and mix with flour.
7. Add flour mixture to stew.
8. Salt and pepper as needed.
9. Add carrots and potatoes and cook 30 minutes.
10. Add corn and bacon; cook another 5 minutes.