time to make 30 min 10 min prep
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 serrano peppers (optional) or jalapeno peppers, minced (optional)
1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning mix
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups enchilada sauce, divided
8 ounces monterey jack cheese
12 flour tortillas, softened (6 inch)
1. Brown beef, onions, peppers and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and veggies are soft.
2. Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce, stirring until combined. Turn off heat and add cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese has melted into mixture.
3. Spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a greased 13×9 casserole dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup of meat mixture down the center of each warmed tortilla and roll up. Place enchiladas seam side down in dish.
4. Top enchiladas with remaining 1 cup of enchilada sauce. Then top with pepper jack cheese.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice and beans if you so desire!
© 2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com