Serves 2 to 4, prep: 5 min, cook: 10 min
* 1/2-1 lb high quality deli roast beef, thinly sliced
* 1 can beef consomme
* 1 can concentrated french onion soup
* sliced provolone
* hoagie rolls
* butter and garlic bread sprinkle
1. Combine soups in a pot on the stove top and heat.
2. Add roast beef, breaking up the slices, simmer. I usually use about 1/2 lb for 3 sandwiches.
3. Slice hoagies and toast lightly under broiler.
4. Butter toasted buns and sprinkle with garlic powder or garlic bread sprinkle or get fancy and rub with a slice of fresh garlic.
5. Spread mayo or prepared horseradish or whatever you like on one side of bread. Using tongs so the liquid will drain back into pot, pile meat onto bread.
6. Cover with sliced provolone and return sandwiches to broiler. You’re just warming them until the cheese melts! It will only take a minute!
7. Put the tops on and slice on the horizontal. Serve au jus from the pot on the side.